Sunday, August 30, 2009

Grant-17 months

I realized that I haven't posted any "milestones" for Grant since he was 11 months. He has changed a lot in the past 6 months!

1. Gotta keep sayin' it, but he is all boy!
2. He has tons of teeth. I think all of them are in finally. It took 2 months to get the eye teeth to fully poke through the gums.
3. Climbs everything...not out of the crib yet though......
4. He loves his paci (pappy).
5. He loves Laura; he follows her everywhere and she is usually a good sport about it. Although I do feel like a referee most days.
6. His words include: mama, daddy, pappy, lala, melmo, doggy...
7. Grant is not as verbal as his sister was at this age. I usually know what he wants because he points, goes to it or "agh" for it, but not a lot of words and some sign language.
8. He can point to his nose.
9. He loves Elmo!
10. He loves to ride or push anything.
11. He sleeps 12 or 13 hours each night. It took ONE year for that to happen. He naps good too.
12. He is going to MDO 2 days a week while I teach my class at HU and have a couple hours of "me" time. The first day of MDO, he walks into class and pretty much pushes a sweet little girl out of a riding toy, so he can get on it. Great first impression!!!
13. He weighs 24 pounds.
14. He has now entered the stage of throwing fits. (insert smile)
15. He really knows how to make a mess of anything.
16. He likes to read his books. I love to find him sitting on the floor going through his books!
17. The name Grant means "a gift". I thank God everyday for my Grant!

6 comments:

April said...

What.A.Cutie. I love that he is all boy. Makes life interesting, doesn't it?! He, he. I wish I could just reach over and give him a hug. And, I can totally relate to feeling like a referee!

Dallas said...

What a sweet boy! Elyn calls her paci "pappy" too. I think it's so sweet!

Ginger said...

Precious! He is beautiful, adorable and, like April, I wish I could just squeeze him!! It took about a year for Ryan to be a good sleeper too, but he has slept about 12 hours a night ever since! Good to read a Grant update!!

Andrea said...

It is certainly true that a boy is a joy. I love my boys so much and I'm so glad you get to be a mommy to an all-out BOY!

Holly Aytes said...

Sara, he is so cute! I can relate also about referring all day. Madison was a horrible sleeper up until she was a year also but now that girl knows how to sleep!

Cara said...

Sweet post about your sweet BIG boy! Brylee's paci is "pappy" too!! Love on that boy for me!