Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Home Repairs Completed

About 5 months ago, our dishwasher mysteriously leaked causing damage to our kitchen floor. It really wasn't noticeable damage, but the floor would need to be replaced when we someday sell our house AND we have always disliked our white floor! Let's just say it never stayed clean and could be mopped daily.

Thankfully the insurance gave us a check and we were able to replace our floor with no out of pocket. The decision of what type of floor to put into our kitchen took MONTHS of looking at samples, comparing costs, thinking, rethinking and finally we had made our decision. We decided laminate tile would be the best option for our family.

We also were never crazy about the color of our kitchen. Last fall, we paid to get it painted what Jim calls a "split pea" yellow/green color. It wasn't great. After 5 pints later of possible colors and 5 walls with different colors, we decided on "Stratton Blue".

After Jim painted the kitchen, he ripped out the floor. His dad came down to help install the new kitchen floor which was a very tedious task and we had to hire out a bit of help for that. Jim and his dad also replaced our front landing to hardwood. It was a week with lots of mess/noise/confusion and my attitude reflected all of that! But, the end product made it all worth it.

BEFORE:AFTER:
WOOD FLOOR LANDING:

11 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

Wow, it looks great Sara! Jim and his dad did a really good job. I love the wall color! And the tile is really pretty too. I know you are glad to be done with it and have your house in order again. Not to mention not having the noise issue has to be wonderful :)

Cindy said...

Ditto. No really, it turned out great! I like the blue, too.

Andrea said...

Ooooooooooh. I like!

Holly said...

I love it! Can they come to my house. That blue color is one of my very favorite colors!!

Kathryn said...

Love the blue! Very impressed by Jim's handiwork. Everything looks great!

April said...

I LOVE IT, SARA! The colors are GREAT. I know you're glad to have it finished and I know you'll really enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Great job done by the guys. What color are the walls in your foyer? I have been trying to narrow down a color for our living room for weeks now.

amy said...

Ooo... I LOVE the blue you ended up with. So soothing and relaxing. What I need when I try to cook!

It all looks great. Way to go Millers!

Jeanne G said...

looks great! love the paint color you chose!

Cara said...

The improvements look great! I know you're enjoying the new look.

Anonymous said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,聊天室,情色,a片,AV女優