Saturday, August 15, 2009

First Day of Pre-K

Laura started Pre-Kindergarten this past Tuesday. This year she is going to school Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Unlike last year, Laura is very happy to be at school and much more confident in herself. We also feel very good about our decision to have her start Kindergarten next year when she is six. It will give her one more year to mature and she will always have the advantage of being the oldest in her class. It is what works for our family.

I kept the "red plaid dress" tradition alive again this year. And Laura was insistent to sleep in sponge rollers so her hair would be curly for her first day of school.
Jim and I have one more week before Harding is in session. I am frantically using every spare minute on prepping for a new course this semester. I am teaching the same Monday night course as last year and was asked to teach a Tues/Thurs course from 10-11 a.m. Grant is going to MDO on Tuesday and Thursday while I teach a course at Harding. It all fell into place perfectly. We are thankful!!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Don't you love it when things fall into place like that? That's great, Sara! We'll have the same school decision to make with Sam, since he has a late summer birthday, too.

Cute pictures from Laura's first day!

Andrea said...

Super sweet dress. Where in the world did you find it?

April said...

I'm SO thankful that things fell into place for you all. God is good. I hope you enjoy the classes you're teaching, and I hope both kids enjoy school! Hard to believe Grant is big enough for MDO, though I know he is. Time certainly does fly. I love the pics of Laura on her first day. Precious girl.

Holly said...

I love your red plaid dress tradition!! She looks so grown up and cute. Good luck with your 2 classes this semester. I can't imagine being on the teaching side at Harding!

Ginger said...

Sounds like everything is going so well for you guys! You will be so glad you gave her that extra year now when she is starting her senior year of high school instead of starting college!