I think I might be turning into a monthly or bi-monthly blogger. In between two busy kids, a busy husband, teaching two classes and maintaining a home, life is just going going going.
1. Jim, Laura and I leave for Disney World in one week. Jim is going to a conference in Orlando and we'll all spend time at the Magic Kingdom. It was a very last minute trip and I'm so thankful we were able to book a "value" resort and get meals with Cinderella, Mary Poppins, Little Einsteins and Mickey Mouse! If you are going to Disney, book well in advance. I had to check the computer several times a day to find openings for these character meals. Laura is VERY excited! In this picture, she is holding up her "countdown" to Disney chart!
2. We are finally plugged into a great small group. Actually, we've been in this small group for several months, but it is very comfortable and I enjoy the couples very much. The wives get together quite a bit for movies, dinner or just hanging out. We feel very very blessed by our friends!
3. This is how I found Grant eating his lunch today. I walked to the living room to make a phone call and when I came back, he was sound asleep.
4. I turned 35 this month. I found out that this is the year of mammograms and I am now higher risk for pregnancy (not that it matters--no more babies!). But, boy that made me feel old!
5. The stomach bug has visited everyone in our family. It started off with Laura last week and moved on to Jim. We had a break for a few days before it hit me and Grant. I am praying we stay healthy now.
That is a quick recap of some of the latest happenings.