Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Annie




About a month ago, Annie, joined our family. She is a goldendoodle who is now 6 months old. Jim and I had been talking for quite some time about getting a dog. Both Laura and Grant love dogs and are very comfortable around them, so we wanted to get one for them to enjoy as they grow up.

We found out about Annie through a college friend who "rescues" dogs. Jim and I drove out to see her one morning and she came home with us. It was as simple as that! Laura and Grant had no idea that we were considering getting Annie as our dog, so it was a very big surprise to them to find her in the backyard when they got home from school. Grant discovered her first and Laura kept thinking she was a statue. It was a really fun to witness their reactions.

Annie is the PERFECT dog for us. She is a playful puppy, but also very chill and not hyper. We are still working with her on house training, but she has made huge improvements.

5 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

What a cute puppy! I know your kids are loving having a dog...mine want one so bad but I keep putting it off. We don't have a good backyard for a dog and it isn't fenced in so that would be another expense. Hopefully in a few years though. For now, we enjoy our friends who have dogs and try to be content with our sweet bunny!

Cindy said...

Great story! I can just imagine how thrilled the kids were! I'm warming up to the idea of a dog someday...I think it would be good for the boys. They're not to keen on dogs yet, but I'm sure they'd come around with one of their own. We'll see. :)

Cindy said...

Great story! I can just imagine how thrilled the kids were! I'm warming up to the idea of a dog someday...I think it would be good for the boys. They're not to keen on dogs yet, but I'm sure they'd come around with one of their own. We'll see. :)

Ginger said...

Oh I love Annie! Yay, so happy you guys have a dog again. I have heard such good things about Goldendoodles. I know they kids are thrilled.

Andrea said...

She really is a cutie. I hope to meet her face to furry face sometime soon!