Sunday, September 5, 2010

All in a Day

Grant is wearing me out! He is either awake and very much "on" or asleep and "off". There is no down moments for him (or me either). Jim and Laura were gone all day yesterday together, so this is how my day went with my boy.

Yesterday kinda went like this thru the eyes of Grant:
5:15 A.M.--Time to wake up! It is still dark outside, but hey, I am going to wake up the entire family by spilling Laura's water cup in her bed and taking down 2 pictures on her wall and also pulling the lamp down.

7:00 A.M.-I think it would be fun to open all the kitchen cabinet drawers. Oh, look, there are some knives in the back. I think I'll run down the hall and show mommy.

8:00 A.M.-I want to pull the dog's fur and climb on her out on the deck. It is fun to throw the water bowl at her and climb under the deck with her. I love to get dirt under my nails and all over my feet. Why would I wipe my feet off before I come outside?

9:00-11:00 A.M.-Mommy has to leave to attend a memorial service, so my good babysitter, Della, comes over to entertain me. Yay! I am sure I can get away with a lot of stuff now.

12:00-3:00 P.M.- It is time to turn it "off"--good night! (Mommy is sooooo thankful for a long nap today after an emotional morning at the memorial service.)

3:00 P.M.-I think I'll climb out of my bed and then demand a snack and juice. I want to play trains and cars, but I'm not gonna do it without mommy by my side the ENTIRE time.

4:00 P.M.-I see Daddy's screwdriver lying out. Let me see what happens when I put it in the electrical socket. (not kidding! Jim saw him about to put it in the socket and he quickly intercepted...agh!)

5:00 P.M.-Laura is trying to watch a movie; I'm gonna try to irritate her by turning the tv off and on.

6:00 P.M
-Ouch, I burned my leg on the grill, but I hardly even cried over it. I am tough!

7:00 P.M.-I am gonna take a shower with Laura. It is so much fun to throw all the shampoo and soap bottles down.

8:00 P.M.-I sure am tired. I only want my mommy to put me to bed and she is gonna sing "Jesus loves me" and say a prayer. I love this time of the day (and mommy does too!!)

I don't want to count how many times he got a spanken yesterday. I've resorted to just carrying the spoon in my pocket so it is with me at all times! While Grant is a super sweet boy and actually pretty funny, he is a little rascal too. I do love his kisses, hugs and "wuv you's". I just hope I can survive the two's!

6 comments:

April said...

I LOVED reading about a day in the life of Grant. Classic. Hang in there! He will grow and change and it will get easier to keep him safe. :) Both your kids are so adorable. Glad you got to go to the services for Kenny. Wish we could have gone, too.

Holly said...

Good to catch up on your life! I'm glad you found a Preschool you are happy with, we have tried several!! Grant's day made me laugh! Our girls would be great friends:)

Jenn said...

Isn't life with little boys so much fun?? Ha ha ha.....I'm off to chase mine!! :)

Andrea said...

This is awesome. You need to print it out and put it in a photo album. You'll cherish these memories in a few years!

Holly Aytes said...

Wow..reminds me of Caleb when he was that age :) It definitely will pass though! I felt that way about Caleb and still do...though he wears me out daily I absolutely adore him!

Ginger said...

Oh boys are so fun! Can't say the "threes" are much better. Loved reading about Grants day :)