Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Little Behind

My camera charger is missing; therefore, I haven't been able to upload any pictures. Here is a quick recap of our last few weeks. I'll have to write about Easter when I can get the pictures on the camera.

The first weekend in April, Jim and I traveled to Atlanta for a long weekend. He was part of a Student Leadership conference, so I went along for the ride to enjoy some quiet kid-free time. Jim's parents were more than happy to watch Laura and Grant. So while Jim was speaking during the day, I went shopping. It is a rarity for me to browse through stores at a leisurely pace, so I enjoyed every minute of it! We ate out at yummy places, saw a movie and slept every morning till almost 10. Even though Jim was working part of the time, it was a nice getaway.

Laura is continuing to do awesome at school. I started a "chore chart" a few weeks ago and that has been a huge success. It is amazing the effect of a little star sticker has on the girl. She went camping last weekend with Jim and another daddy and little girl. It was 24 hours of playing "Little House on the Prairie"---much fun was had! On Wednesday, I surprised her with Disney on Ice tickets. We went with another friend and mom and she was beyond excited! It was so much fun to tell her at the last minute.

Grant is well, still a toot. This past week, he had an ear infection and cold sores in his mouth, so he was not a happy camper. It was a rough couple of days. He is back to himself now in full swing and full "go" mode. He doesn't slow down and is quite the talker. We went to Walmart on Friday, and he pointed out everything --milk, egg, juice, yogurt, cheese, chips, breakfast bar, banana, car, balloon........I was so ready for naptime when we got home. It still amazes me that both of my kids are so talkative!

Well, there is a recap for those who are interested. Hoping to locate the camera charger or buy a new one in the near future!!!


3 comments:

Andrea said...

It surprises you that they are talkative? Seriously? Have you ever heard yourself talk to your mom? :-)

Ginger said...

Good to hear an update. The talking wears me out so much sometimes. But, I still wouldn't trade it for silence :)
Look forward to seeing pictures.

April said...

I LOVED reading about what you've been up to lately! I totally miss our times just hanging out and enjoying life together. I am glad you and Jim enjoyed a getaway. I'm glad Grant is a busy boy! And, I'm glad Laura is doing well in school. Me thinks she'll be beyond ready for Kindergarten in the fall! :) I'm so glad all is well in your world, Sara! :)