Thursday, July 24, 2008

4th Birthday Pictures


We had a great day of celebrating Laura's birthday with Grandma and Grandpa! It began with lunch at McDonald's, as per her request, and playing on the indoor playground. We then proceeded to her next request: bowling. Unfortunately, the bowling alley in Searcy was closed (small-town life), so we quickly drove home to find the next closest alley. We drove to Cabot, where Laura came in 2nd place (behind her daddy)! We all had a good time!

When we came home, Laura opened her presents. She is so fun to watch open presents because she gets so excited about each of them. She is enjoying her new guitar and camera. She also got some new dress-up clothes and a princess dancing DVD.


We had a yummy dinner of "psgetti" at her request. We finished the day off by singing "happy birthday" and enjoying some delicious chocolate cake! The cake was a princess crown shape and decorated perfectly. I am not that talented in cake making, so, no, I didn't make this cake. Laura was certainly pleased with it.


This weekend our good friends from Knoxville, the Watson and Fischer families, will be in Searcy. Mackenzie and Abby were two of Laura's first friends. They all had summer birthdays, so we always shared celebrations together. This weekend, in honor of keeping the tradition of celebrating birthdays together, we will sing "happy 4th birthday" to Abby, Laura and Mackenzie. We are looking forward to it.

9 comments:

April said...

I just love all the adorable Birthday pics of Laura! It is truly hard to believe that she is 4 years old already!! We head your direction later today. The kids are ready right NOW to see you guys. Mackenzie said this morning, "Mom, I can't wait to see my best friends," refering to Laura and Abby. I, too, am excited! See ya soon!!!

Ginger said...

Wow! That is a fabulous cake! I know Laura loved it! How fun that you guys get to all be together this weekend! I know the girls will have a great time seeing each other.

Holly Aytes said...

Looks like y'all had fun! Laura, I love the new guitar :) Enjoy celebrating with everyone this weekend, that is neat that the girls will all be together to celebrate again!

Andrea said...

Yay! Thanks for the update. She looks like such a big girl now!

Sara said...

Laura is looking so much older! I loved the picture of her rockin' out with her guitar. It sounds like you made her family birthday celebration very special.

I hope you guys have a great time with your Knoxville friends. I asked April to give you hugs from us when they arrive.

Cindy said...

Sam and Laura must be a lot alike. He too, requested a birthday meal from McDonald's, is going bowling to celebrate, and also says "psgeti" instead of "spaghetti!" So funny! Glad you guys had a fun day!

Cara said...

love the cake. sounds like a perfect party. hope you had a great weekend.

Shana said...

I love the guitar picture! Sounds like Laura had a great birthday! Grant is growing like weed!

Holly said...

Laura and Caleb nearly share the same bday! I thought of her yesterday when I was at McDonald's. The lady working said that Star Wars toys were coming out next! I know you will be excited about that!! Also, awhile back, you were looking for something to read. I am in to the Redemption series by Karen Kingsbury has been great!