Thursday, May 1, 2008


Grant has started to smile. He is still selective in giving them, but we welcome the new expression. I finally feel like we are settling into some sort of routine with him. I'm anxiously awaiting a full nights sleep, but he is doing 4 to 5 hour stretches, so I can't complain too much. Laura is still adjusting to being a big sister. We definitely have our moments of acting out!

If you read Jim's blog, then you are updated on our trip to Searcy last weekend. It was tough, physically and emotionally, but we survived it. We continue to pray that the right house will come along, so we don't have to rent this summer. I know God will provide; we just have to be patient.

I think this might be the craziest and most stressful times we have experienced in our marriage. Jim and I aren't really ones who handle confusion well, but we are learning to do it and gaining some patience along with way.

10 comments:

Cara said...

Oh Sara, you are so in my prayers. So many fun/stressful things seem to be happening all at once. When you get nice and settled in Searcy, I'm coming up for a visit!!!

God will provide. He is faithful!

Ginger said...

That is a precious picture of Grant! Beautiful eyes! We enjoyed visiting with you guys last night.

Andrea said...

He's starting to really look like a little man with personality! I can't wait until he starts doing things like screaming, "Mommy! Come and look at my Peeeenis!" Oh, the good times that are in store for you, the mommy of a little boy.

Anonymous said...

That is such a precious picture of Grant! Little boys are fun...and very different from little girls I am learning!

April said...

Whoa. Grant has changed sooo much in just a very short time. He is too cute!!! I LOVE his smile...now I'll just have to see it in person sometime after we get back from our trip. I am glad life is sorta finding a routine for you all. We are most definitely continueing to pray as I know that routine is somewhat temporary. Ha. The Lord has something even better in store for you yet to come...He always works that way. Hang in there.

Holly Aytes said...

Sara he is just adorable. I can't believe how "big" he looks in this picture, so bright-eyed and all. Glad things are going well. I'm sorry you haven't found the "perfect" house but you will I know. We will keep praying about that and also that the stress will be minimal these next few weeks as y'all get ready to move.

Shana said...

What a sweet picture of Grant! I love it when they first start to smile!

Good luck with the house hunting. I will go read Jim's blog to see how things are going. I wish I was there to be your Realtor. How fun would that be? I know that it is a stressful time, but it is all in God' s timing. You might want to just pick out a house and go ring their doorbell and see if they are interested in selling. I have done that many times. :)

Maria R. said...

Grant is adorable. I am glad you are settling in to a routine. I know that helps you out a ton. I am thinking about you guys a lot. I know all will go well. Love and miss you.

Danna Ramsey said...

Hello, Sara! This is Danna (Stokes) from HU. I clicked over from Amy Baker and have been reading through your blog. Oh, Honey, we've all been there! The feeling of failing at everything (wife, mom, housekeeper, etc.). Plus a move on top of that! Some days, all I feel good at is venting. I'll keep you in my prayers. God bless!

Cindy said...

That is one sweet baby boy! Love the smile. Glad you got the first one!