Thursday, April 3, 2008

News on the Homefront



HOUSE:
We are set to close on our house April 30th. I am amazed and overwhelmed that the selling of our house has happened so quickly and smoothly. We are so thankful that God took care of this huge detail in our life! Most of the time, I'm in complete denial that in 10 weeks we will leave Knoxville and head back to Searcy. Our time here has been so rich in friendships, growth, and blessings.

LAURA & GRANT:
Laura is still being a great big sister. The newness has worn off a bit, so she does not smother him as much anymore. She is always willing to help me and looks forward to seeing him in the morning! Grant now weighs in at 9 lb 2 oz. We are grateful that he surpassed his birth weight. I've realized how different it is already to have a boy from carefully changing diapers to avoid a shower to his bowels. That boy already poops and toots way more than Laura ever did!

JIM:
Jim was out of town last night in Savannah, Georgia, to present a paper. We missed him while he was gone and are very glad he is back. Thanks to Jim's folks for helping me on the homefront! Jim has a lot on his plate with finishing up his dissertation, so I imagine he'll be spending more time in his basement office next week.

9 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm glad everything is going so well for you guys. Only 10 weeks left...I can't believe it...I will try not to count down the days...just too sad. But, as sad as it makes us all, God has wonderful blessings awaiting you in Searcy, just like he did here. Won't it be exciting to discover what they are?!!

April said...

Alright. I very much enjoyed all the updates...except I do not like the 10 weeks part. Where oh where has the time gone?! I love the picture of Grant with his eyes opened so wide. He is alert! Glad Jim is home.

Dallas said...

both of your children are beautiful! it sounds like y'all are getting into the swing of things. i'm glad jim will be just a hollar away if you need him in the coming weeks.

God is amazing isn't he! our house in searcy sold in 5 days, a true blessing! i will be praying for your move back, i know it will be an emotional one.

Ginger said...

Grant is precious, Sara! I, too try not to think about all the transition that is facing us in the next couple of months. At some point faith just takes over, right?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shana said...

What precious pictures! Oh...and on the tooting situation...it still does not get any better even when they are 5. :)Although I do have a little 2 year old girl that I think can hang in there with the best of them. ha.

I am so excited that you guys get to move back to Searcy. That means that maybe we have a better chance of seeing you guys. Troy has always said that Jim is going to be the president of Harding some day! He would be a great one!

c said...

Ok I know you will have a hard time moving back to Searcy but I am truely EXCITED! I hope I can help make the transition easier!

The kids are adorable as always!!! Sorry Jim you are still in the basement. Hey not many houses here with basements! ha ha

Holly said...

I am so glad things are going well for you, Grant is precious!

Anonymous said...

Grant is precious. I feel much less stress changing a boy diaper than a girl diaper...except for the shower part! My children have watched WAY too much TV...definitely more that I ever planned on them watching. Sometimes, though, you just work on surviving! So glad so many blessings are coming your way and that your cup runneth over!