Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Rain on my head

It has been raining for two days.

I don't mean a drizzly rain. I mean a downpour. This has caused some headaches today.

I was looking forward to this Saturday for one reason - I was getting a massage.

On the way to the massage, the power steering went out in the van. I figured the vehicle was having some issues with the rain, and that it would be fine after the massage.

After an hour of "me" time, I returned to my van in the pouring rain. And what did I find?

My cell phone lying on the ground in the rain. I apparently had dropped it on my way into the spa. The cell phone is ruined. And the car was still having power steering issues. I couldn't drive it home.

Did I mention that it is raining?

The lovely lady at the spa offered to drive me home. Once I got home I discovered another problem: Our basement had water in it. It had rained so much that water was seeping through the walls in one corner. I moved wet boxes, and Jim swept out the basement.

So far, the car needed to be towed, my cell phone was full of water, and the basement was partially flooded. My handyman husband and I, along with Laura, headed to the van to see if we could figure out the problem. We quickly discovered a loose belt and decide a tow was necessary. We set up the tow and reveled in how easily we got that done.

As we headed home, we were redirected twice because of flooded roads.

The rain continues.

Oh, and as we drive Laura is in the backseat saying, "Mommy, mommy, mommy" repeatedly. Just as we pull into the driveway, the tow service calls us. They are unable to locate the car and need us to return.

Jim goes. I put Laura to bed.

It is now 10 p.m., and I have to head out because our dog, Luke, has escaped. He is afraid of the rain and has disappeared.

It is still raining.

After today, I am going to need another massage.

No comments: