Monday, October 2, 2006

The Purple Dinosaur

Before I begin this entry, I want to say thanks for your blog replies, calls and e-mails over the loss of Luke. It has been a difficult week for us. Having others relate to the loss of a pet has helped very much. So, thank you.

*******************************************************

Now about the purple dinosaur. His name is Barney, and he is a major part of our family. I've lost count of how many times we've watched the eight Barney videos we own.

Laura can watch them over and over, one after another. It doesn't get old for her.

I'm left to wonder, what is so fascinating about a talking purple dinosaur? He does teach nice lessons about sharing, emotions and getting along with others. I like that he reinforces what Jim and I are trying to teach Laura.

It is just odd that it comes from a purple dinosaur.

As I type this blog, Laura is watching Barney on PBS. He is singing about being special. What a great way to start the day!

If you have chidren, what is their favorite character? What was your favorite character growing up?

No comments: