Saturday, March 24, 2012

Free Travel #2-Florence

We spent two days at the villa chilling and relaxing. One day we climbed to the top of the duomo. It had 400 steps and we climbed through tight spaces to reach the top. It was pretty amazing to view the painting by Michelangelo literally right behind us. From the top of the duomo you could see all of Florence. I was a bit afraid of the height especially since Grant made the climb with us. It was a beautiful view of the city and well worth the sore legs I had the next day.

On our second day in Florence, Jim took Grant to the Museum Leonardi. I had fallen down a couple stairs the night before in the villa because I didn't turn the lights on. I missed some steps and fell on my ankle. Laura and I stayed back and each of us enjoyed some one on one time with the each kid.

No comments: