Saturday, January 28, 2012

Arrived on Friday


We arrived after about a 24 day of travel. The kids did remarkably well and we are settling into the villa. We live in an apartment right off of the Villa. It is perfect for our needs. We all have a bed and our own little nooks. Our first night here, we slept for about 12 hours. The kids slept for about 15 hours solid. They were some tired kiddos! Jet lag did hit about 4 hours after I woke up. I could have laid down to sleep forever, but we had a group trip to Scandicci.

In Scandicci, I think I was the only blonde person there! That was very interesting. The Italians all have dark hair and dark eyes. We walked the Saturday Market where they sell everything. I also learned it is not proper etiquette to touch the items in market. You ask to touch them first. I was sure glad I learned that prior or I would have picked everything up! We enjoyed a delicious bombalonie treat. I'll be eating more of those!

After we had a quick dinner in town, we came back for a party. It was like a bunch of camp games. I told Jim they must be keeping us busy so no one has time to even think or miss home! Today was full. Feeling blessed to be a part of such a fantastic group of people in a town rich with life.

1 comment:

Holly Aytes said...

Happy to hear everyone is settling in! What an awesome experience for Laura and Grant :) I wouldn't have known not to touch anything either! LOL