Friday, November 11, 2011

Fall

So life has happened since my last post almost 2 months ago!

Laura is a well-adjusted 1st grader. She is doing great-loving school, reading like a champ, and just occasionally pulling her card at school! We've got a strict teacher this year which is fine with me!
Grant has pretty much given up his naps. Every now and then, he'll fall asleep. I still require him to go to his room to play/read/sleep for one hour or more. He is doing pretty well with our new routine. He is going to school on Tues/Thurs and is also doing wonderful!
Jim is busy this semester. Seems like he has more responsibility, more grading, more this, more that....it is what HU does best-overwork their people! Tis a true fact. Despite the fact, Jim is really a respected and sought out teacher. He does it well and students like him.

I am loving teaching my one course at HU this fall. It is one of my fave's and I'm thankful to have the job! It works perfectly with Grant being in school and gives me usually a couple afternoons a week to do what I want.
So we leave for Florence, Italy on Jan. 26th. We'll be gone 3 months. Crazy to even think about. We are obviously excited and prayerful that our kids will adjust and do well on an unpredictable schedule.We've been meeting with the HUF (Harding University in Florence) students every Wed night and I feel very good about them. They are fun, funny, creative and sweet! I'm excited to spend our time in Italy with them. Jim and I will both be teaching and I'll also homeschool Laura. I don't know what Grant will do all day-I'm sure he can find something to destroy!!!!

Hopefully I won't let two months go by before I blog again....

3 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

Wow, I totally forgot that you guys were going to HUF next year! How very exciting! What does Laura think about going to Italy? Glad things are going well for everyone....I can totally see Jim being a well liked and sought out teacher :)

Andrea said...

I have neglected your blog as well as mine! I missed this post. I love that picture of you and Laura. You look so purty!

Ginger said...

Just now reading this post. One- your children are so big and both so beautiful!!
Two- I am so excited to follow your journey to Italy! I promise to read your blog more often if you keep us posted with tales of Italian fun!!
I don't update my blog very much either, but it's still fun to keep in touch.