Saturday, June 4, 2011

April to May

I am trying to catch up on my blogging. I am down with a pretty nasty strep infection which has confined me to bed with lots of chipped ice and ice cream. Everyone is steering clear of me to avoid getting sick!

In April, we did our Easter hunt at home after church. I failed to get a family picture of all of us this year! I always bring my camera to church and then forget to ask someone to take our pic. Oh well....
Laura received "Mail Call" for her Kindergarten class also in April. Every Friday, different children from various grades will get a special letter from their teacher. It is kind of a big deal-it is after chapel and they play music and it is really loud and call the children who received "mail" from their teacher. All year, Laura was very nervous about being called down for her mail-crying and such on Thurs night-begging not to go to chapel on Friday. So, we ended up making a deal that I would tell her beforehand when it was her turn. Even though it was not a surprise, she got a very sweet note from her teacher and Laura was proud.
This is a "self portrait" displayed after a Music program.Laura is dressed as a bunny.Moving on to May--this is always such a crazy month for our family. Jim and I are busy grading projects and getting our courses completed and then there is tons of "end of year" programs.

I was able to go to most of Laura's "Outdoor Education" field trip. Each class goes up to Camp Takodah, which is about 45 minutes away, for a day of learning outside. They had about 4 different stations to go to--I was there for the scavenger hunt and nature walk where the kids enjoyed catching tadpoles!
Laura also graduated from Kindergarten. They had a sweet little program where they performed some songs, called each child's name out and then a slide show. I was unable to contain my tears. We've had a good year and ready to move on to 1st grade!
Laura is sitting on the bench doing sign language for this song.And a quick Grant update: Well-he is still a mess-rough and tough, inquisitive, daring, but he can sure be a sweetie. He is quick to give kisses and hugs and hand out "i love you's". We are officially free of the pacifier and he is just about potty trained--two huge milestones at our house! Right now, his favorite things to do are to paint, play outside on his "playground" (as he calls it) and play with cars/trains. He is still taking naps--thank you so much as this quiet time keeps me sane. He loves Laura and they play pretty good together. Of course, there is quite a bit of refereeing going on, but he does love to be with her!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Enjoyed the update!