Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wrapping up the School Year

We are in our second week of summer and so far doing pretty good. Laura and Grant are learning to be around each other more which means more "refereeing" for me.

Right before school was over, Laura lost her other front tooth. She looks so different now and I'm a bit sad to see her smile change. But..she does look pretty cute! Laura had a great year in Pre-K and is more than ready for Kindergarten. I don't regret our decision to let her wait a year before going to school. She is reading quite well and I know will do great come August!
Here is a comparison of the first day of school to the last day of school.


Grant sure has changed a lot! He has more of a big boy look and definitely more hair! He loves to sing right now and certainly talks a lot! His daddy is teaching him all about Star Wars--check out the video below. I still have Laura's recital and a quick trip to Ohio to blog about. I am hopeful to be better about blogging this summer since I am not working.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Sweet kiddoes! Darth Vurfur is funny. Sam still calls him Darth Rader. Will loves correcting him on that one. I think Will's knowledge of all things Star Wars may have actually passed Michael's at this point! There's an unbelievable amount of Star Wars trivia out there, as I'm sure you well know!

Holly Aytes said...

Laura has really changed since August! She looks so grown up! I am so glad to hear that you don't regret pre-K, I don't think we will either. Caleb isn't as into the Star Wars as he used to be...he is all about Ironman :) Looking forward to hearing more about what you guys have been up to.

amy said...

Wow. Laura has changed so much from day one to day last of preschool! I did comparison photos of Sadie, too, and can't tell much of a difference... Oh well.

Grant - too cute! I especially love the hair!
Amy

Ginger said...

So good to see an update. I can't believe how big your kids have gotten! Hope you all have a great summer.