Thursday, March 11, 2010

Latest on Laura

Since my last post was about Grant (who turns two next week!!!), I thought I'd share some interesting tidbits on Laura. Currently we are with my parents while Jim is in Florence, Italy. He is teaching a spring break course for HU for a select number of journalism students. Thank goodness my parents were able to help me out with Laura and Grant or I'd be on my last legs by now!

Laura is doing awesome in Pre-K. She will be SO ready for Kindergarten next year! I am really proud of her accomplishments in reading. She loves to read!!

She is also doing excellent in ballet and tap. Her recital is in May and I know she'll be so excited to be on stage. Speaking of the stage, my mom took us to see "South Pacific" last night. Laura was glued to the stage and enjoyed all the songs. It was Kid's Night, so they had a few activities before the show started. Here are a few pictures of her dressing up into costumes.



Laura is also an amazing big sister. She is so sweet to Grant who also adores her. It is neat to see that sister/brother bond. Don't get me wrong, she can get pretty irritated with Grant being in her space, pushing or pulling her hair, but most days she is a pretty good sport.

Laura has a very sweet disposition and is very tender towards others. Love my Laura!

5 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

Wow...she is getting so big! Glad to know you are happy with your pre-k experience. We are excited about Madison going to pre-k and getting that extra year of maturity and growth! Isn't it wonderful to have parents to help...not sure what I would do w/o ours.

Cindy said...

Love that Laura! I need to do some Sam posts...very heavy on the Will posts lately. :)

Too bad you didn't get to go to Italy, too!

Ginger said...

Glad to see a new post! Laura and Grant are both so beautiful, Sara!! I love seeing their pictures.
I was going to say exactly what Cindy said- why didn't you go to Italy too??

Sara said...

Cindy/Ginger-
It wasn't a good time for me to go with Jim. I would have LOVED to go, but he was working the entire time and didn't really travel or anything. Plus, I was going to have to pay my own way and I didn't want to spend over a thousand dollars to spend a week in Italy if he was too busy, ya know! We are spending the spring semester in Florence in 2012!!! Having that to look forward to is keeping me going in this small town!! :-)

tiktok said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.