Saturday, December 5, 2009

Short Post; No Pics

I just realized I hadn't blogged in a month. Sadly I have very few pictures from this last month and none of them are even uploaded to the computer yet.

A couple weeks ago we visited Knoxville to see friends and go to a UT football game. It was more than wonderful to see our friends and spend Sunday morning with our Laurel church. We spent one night in a hotel in Nashville which was quite memorable as Grant was still screaming his head off at midnight. He finally gave up and slept all night, but I was worried that the entire hotel might wake up beforehand! The other two nights we stayed with our good friends, Sara and JJ and their son, Carter, who is six weeks older than Grant. Laura spent the night with her friend, Haley and quickly reconnected with her other sweet friend, Mackenzie.

Knoxville, as many of you know, holds special memories for me. It is easy to go back and quickly catch up with our friends. The church is warm, welcoming, and just easy. I'd move back in a heartbeat!

Laura also lost her first tooth in November. It was quite the drama as it scared her at first, but she was giddy with excitement once the tooth came out! Thankfully, I had just bought a tooth fairy pillow so we were prepared for her visit!!

Grant is still my rough and tough boy. On my one day off from teaching this month, I was so looking forward to a day to myself while both kids were at school. That lasted about an hour as his school called telling me he had fallen on his head on a non-carpeted area from a 3 foot slide. I guess they were worried because the spot on his head did not swell out. Not knowing much about head injuries, I took him to the pediatrician where he checked out fine. Now I know that any abnormal signs after a head injury occur within an hour and your head does not have to swell out when it hits something. He is a bruiser!

Christmas is up in our house. However our tree looks ridiculous as all of the ornaments are out of the bruisers reach. Three glass "balls" have already been thrown at the fireplace. I thought about decorating the lower half of the tree with a popcorn string, but then realized he would just eat the food. Oh well....

Jim and I are eagerly wrapping up our semesters. I'm ready for an extended break from planning and grading.

Hope to get some pics loaded of our recent events. It might take a month though!!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I love that you have a "ball" thrower in your house. No more perfectly girly Christmas trees for you! Now you know my boy-induced pain! :-)

Holly Aytes said...

Grant sounds so much like Caleb was at that age! Life sure was interesting there for awhile :) It was so good to see you guys when you came up....the kids are growing so much and are precious as usual!

Cindy said...

It was more than wonderful to have you guys back in town for a while, too! We still miss you like crazy around here. :)

Holly said...

So glad to read your post. Wish we lived closer to each other, I always feel like we are in the same stages of life. We will be in a hotel 2 nights over the holidays, I am already a little nervous about our hotel neighbors! Hope you don't loose too many ornaments!

Ginger said...

I seem to be falling off the blogging train lately too. Maybe after the New Year. We'll see. Glad you guys had a nice visit in Knoxville. I agree that Laurel is a very special place.
I, too, have a terrible memory of a night spent in a hotel room with all 4 of us. It was awful. I slept maybe 2 hours!!