Friday, July 3, 2009

Father's Day

I'm just a couple weeks behind on writing about Father's Day, but still wanted to share my thoughts!

We were all in Houston this year for Father's Day, so it was extra nice to be with my dad as well as my grandpa. Based on Jim's expression, I think he was genuinely surprised to receive binoculars as his gift. Every man needs binoculars, right!
I appreciate Jim so much as he is a father to Laura and Grant. He works hard for us at his job and also continues to work when he gets home each day. He is the best playmate and doesn't turn down a chance to play chase, Monopoly or throw the ball to the kids. Above all, he teaches our children about how to live like Jesus. Happy Father's Day again, Jim!!

2 comments:

April said...

That was a sweet post, Sara! He really was surprised, wasn't he?! Great expression. :)

Andrea said...

Yay for good daddies. Yay for Jim!