Thursday, February 12, 2009

Home

We arrived back in Searcy last night after a five night trip to see my parents in Houston. Thankfully the return home was totally uneventful in comparison to our first leg of the trip.

Our trip in numbers:
0
pictures I took :(
1 fun afternoon for Laura at the park with Meme & Don-Don
2 shopping trips minus kids with Mom, thanks to Don-Don
3 new medicines for Grant (shot, thrush oral medicine, antibiotic) after a trip to the Dr.'s office
4 new toys for Laura. She really knows how to work her Meme.
5 mornings I slept till 8:30
6 spills of the dog's water dish by Grant
7th ear infection diagnosis for Grant
8 stories read by Meme each night
9 times I picked up dropped toys or books on the airplane
10 phone calls to Daddy who was missing us, but appeared to have a "mini-vacation" in our absence!

Laura is so tender-hearted and usually tears up when we leave the grandparents. This trip was no exception. As we were driving in our neighborhood, I look back at her to see big tears and a quivering lip. "I miss Meme and Don-Don", she says. We make a quick call to them and all was better in her world. I'm so thankful for loving parents who love my children with all their heart!

9 comments:

Cara said...

I'm glad you had a fun trip home. Sweet Laura, I love her tenderheart. Poor Grant. So does that mean the tubes didn't work? None of my babies had them, so I don't know much about them. Glad you're back safe and sound and the trip home was uneventful! :)

Ginger said...

How great that you got to sleep late every morning! Is that thanks to your parents? Sorry to hear about Grant's ears and thrush. Hope you don't have the thrush too. Glad you're home safe.

April said...

I'm so glad the trip home was smooth. Glad you got to enjoy some shopping and a little extra sleep! So sorry to hear that Grant's sick...again...or is it, sill? Sigh. Either way, I do hope he gets MUCH better and SOON!

Andrea said...

I'm glad you're safely home. But I think you certainly picked up toys more than 8 or 9 or 90 times. Surely! :-) Very cute post with the numbers.a

Cindy said...

Clever post. Amazing how those numbers worked out just right! :) Sounds like overall a great trip!

Holly said...

I feel like Laura when I leave my parents. So glad your return trip was much less eventful! Also, Caleb had a couple of ear infections after he got tubes. They were not near as bad and I remember asking my doctor about them. He said it was still normal to have them but they drain much better and they did. Hope he doesn't have many more.

c said...

Did Meme just break down with that phone call. My mom states every time we leave her heart breaks a little. Probably b/c Anna is crying the entire time we are saying goodbye. grandparents can be wonderful blessings!

Shana said...

I am so glad that you had a great trip to Houston. Aren't grandparents/parents wonderful?! Laura is such a sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,聊天室,情色,a片,AV女優