Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Free family fun

We enjoyed our last day of Christmas break on Friday doing free activities in Little Rock. Our first stop was at the Old State House. It was really interesting to see the different ways this old building was used. FYI, it is the oldest surviving state capitol west of the Mississippi River! Of course, this didn't interest the kids all that much, but they were more than happy to ride in the stroller. I think the highlight for Laura was getting to ride the handicapped elevators since we were in the big double stroller!
We then went a few doors down to the Peabody Hotel to see the ducks. Grant squealed at them and Laura loved that they dunked their heads under water. We rode the glass elevators to the penthouse and looked out over Little Rock. We finished the day off with some ice cream. It is amazing the fun things you can do for free!

6 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

Looks like y'all had fun! I love the Peabody though I have never been to the one in Little Rock only the Memphis one. It is amazing what you can find to do for free that is also fun! Glad y'all enjoyed your last free day :)

Cindy said...

Good for you guys! I'm all about free fun! I was thinking that hotel was in Memphis...glad to know I wasn't crazy...who knew there were two?

amy said...

I just went to The Peabody with Heather on Monday (Sadie and Hailee loved the ducks, too), and never thought about going to the top! I will have to try that sometime. Glad you had a good time!

Andrea said...

Yay for you for finding ways to stretch the ol' fun money! You can never go wrong with duck watching and ice cream.

Cara said...

Looks like fun. Anything free with the family is fun :) Lately our family time has been playing Wii. Mom and Dad got one for us for Christmas and we've had a blast playing each other.

April said...

I'm behind on leaving comments...but I agree, it does look like a fun day! :)