Monday, December 1, 2008

Week in Review

We traveled to Houston for Thanksgiving to be with my parents. As usual, our trip went way too fast and it was packed with lots of fun activities. The kids traveled great on our 468 mile trek with 8 hours in the car.

We took family pictures at Portrait Innovations where everyone cooperated! Yay!! Taking pictures is so stressful and exhausting. I am so glad it went well. Here are a few pictures. I have tons more, but can't figure out how to rotate them.
We had our Thanksgiving meal with the "Looney" family and they are always a blast to be around. Laura was enamored with the 5 dogs at the house. I think getting a dog is in our very near future. I am very excited about this idea as I've missed not having a furry friend in our house.

Friday night we went to my favorite mexican restaurant Pappasito's and afterwards drove down to Discovery Green where Jim and Laura attempted to ice skate in 70 degree weather. It was a nice evening!

Laura, Meme and I went to the Nutcracker ballet on Saturday afternoon. The music and dancing were fantastic. This is our yearly tradition dated back to when I was a child. Let's just say that after the show Laura danced and twirled as we exited the theater to find our car. She loved it! We made our gingerbread house before the ballet and it was quite a production with LOTS of directions!


Now it is time to get ready for Christmas and to get geared up to make yet another 8 hour trip in 11 days to Knoxville to watch Jim make his doctoral graduate walk!

9 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

Sounds busy but fun! Too funny ice skating in 70 degree weather. We have been thinking of checking out the outside skating rink in Market Square this year....I think we might even get the "winter" weather to go with it. It has been snowing like crazy here today off and on. Sometimes it comes down really heavy and covers the yard..then it promptly melts :( I love Laura's outfit while making the gingerbread house...too cute :)

Andrea said...

Love the pics! Both the snapshots and the portraits. Alec is looking at them with me and he said, "That is a big girl and she is wearing girl clothes" when she was in her dancing attire making the gingerbread goodies. :-)

April said...

I love, love, love the kids matching Christmas outfits, Sara!!! I can't wait to see more of those pictures...whenever you do get them rotated. :)

So glad the trip went well. Sounds like a lot of fun. We're looking forward to seeing you guys again in the not-so-distant future! :)

Mackenzie and Granna made a gingerbread house, too. Lots of fun! Z-pa and Josiah made a gingerbread train. Too funny! That is a neat tradition.

Cara said...

What great smiles the photographer caught of the kids! Their outfits are precious, too. Kent just brought home our Gingerbread house kit. It's a tradition here as well. Sounds like you guys are going to have a busy next few weeks. Oh and thanks for the offer on facebook the other day. We were flying through Searcy to get to Jonesboro for the EHS football game. I would have loved to stop a visit awhile thought. Hopefully next time. We do want to bring the kids up to a bison basketball game this season. I'll let you know what we decide.

Ginger said...

YAY Jim! You guys have fun in Knoxville. I do not envy you the car ride, but I know you will enjoy being there and seeing people.
70 degree weather is crazy! It is freezing here and was snowing yesterday. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. I can't believe how big Grant looks in that picture!! Such a big boy and so precious. Laura, of course, looks beautiful too. Love the outfits....

April said...

I forgot to ask...did Laura enjoy the ice skating? Mackenzie's been asking to go, but we have not yet gone. Hoping to sometime this holiday season. Just wondering how it went! Not too sure how it'll go here...:)

Allison said...

Can't wait for your visit to Knoxville! Those pictures are precious. I bet both kids will seem so big when I get to see them. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving.

BISONS ABROAD said...

The portraits of your kiddos are darling! I'm so glad your trip was filled with fun activities! Fun seeing you at HU the other night... I wish the weekends were longer... such a busy time of the year!
Loren

Holly said...

I love the matching outfits, so cute! Grant looks so grown up! Great pictures. Hope the trip to Knoxville is great!