Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Recent Read


I just finished reading "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle". I first heard about this book when Oprah introduced it for her book club. While I don't always read the books that she endorses, this book caught my attention because it involved dogs. I am a sucker for a good dog book. When I received the book from the library, my first thought was that I'll never finish this book because it is about 600 pages. But, once I start a book, I rarely will stop reading even if I'm not totally into it. So I pressed on.

The beginning of the book was slow, but I really started enjoying it after about page 100. In brief, it has mystery, family dynamics and relationships, and a boy who loves dogs. It is interesting and has some amazing themes throughout, so I recommend it!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Maybe I'll pick this one up. It's been a while since I've read a good book. I guess I've hit a dry spell with my reading time in general. I'm currently reading a Dobson book, "Dare to Discipline." Gotta stay ahead of the game....

Kathryn said...

Sara, it was great finally meeting you face-to-face last weekend in Searcy!

Ginger said...

oooh......maybe I will check this one out at the library. I love a good dog book. I haven't even picked up a book since my Twilight Series is over :(