Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Help a Mom Out!

Warning: This post is about nursing and might not want to be read by the male gender!

I am a nursing momma in need of some tips! Grant and I have been moving along quite nicely with breastfeeding until the emergence of his top teeth. He has one top tooth that has broken the gums and the other top one is on the way.

I had originally thought I would nurse Grant until he was a year old. Now, I'm not so sure. His tooth is making me extremely sore. He is not biting me; the tooth is just scraping on my now tender skin. I am feeling it might be time to wean him although I'm not sure I'm emotionally ready for that.

Does this period of pain end or is this gonna be the new norm while nursing? Anyone been there and done that and have any advice??

7 comments:

Sara said...

That's a fantastic question, Sara. Carter is currently cutting his upper teeth and I have the same concern. I know what you mean about not being emotionally ready to wean. I unfortunately don't have any answers, but will be checking your post regularly to see other moms' responses.

Brittyne Fitzgerald said...

Don't give up ladies! It gets better quickly. I PROMISE! And weaning is much easier once you hit that year mark and baby is on cup and more solids etc.

I would use the SPRAY Lanolin and not the rub on kind.

Hang in there!

Brittyne Fitzgerald said...

Don't give up ladies! It gets better quickly. I PROMISE! And weaning is much easier once you hit that year mark and baby is on cup and more solids etc.

I would use the SPRAY Lanolin and not the rub on kind.

Hang in there!

Dallas said...

It gets better!!!! Don't quit if you are not ready! Break out the Lansinol again...the miracle ointment. Once your "tender" areas get used to the teeth they will toughen up. good luck and don't give up!

Ginger said...

I promise it gets better. He will stop with the teeth or your skin will toughen. If you stop now, you will regret it!!

Alisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alisa said...

It does get better, but it takes a little while. I didn't have any more Lansinoh (and it costs something like $15+ here!!) so I just toughed it out when his bottom teeth were doing that to me, but all is well now.

(had to delete my last comment for a typo!)