Friday, July 4, 2008

Girlfriends

Last weekend, I traveled to Dallas to visit two of my college friends, Andrea and Maria. We try to get together each summer without children for "girl time." It was a fun time of eating, shopping, talking and staying up late (except this year Maria turned in at 9 p.m.)!

This year I brought Grant so he wouldn't starve all weekend. Besides screaming for about 15 minutes on the flight's ascent and descent on both legs of the trip, he did great! My little man is very portable and agreeable. However, I was quite tired when I got home from hauling him around.

Jim had some great father/daughter time with Laura. He is such a good daddy! Read his blog for all their adventures.

Andrea and I were suitemates or roommates for almost my entire college career, save the semester she studied in England. I lived in Sewell Hall with Cara and Maria that semester. When I talked to Andrea on the phone the summer before our freshman year at Harding, we discovered we had the same birthday, and I knew we would be fast friends. She is, as I call her, "my sissy" and a forever friend.

I met Maria my sophomore year, and my first impression was that she had "big" hair. She did sport a bouffant bang look one time, which we enjoyed teasing her about. Maria is the analyzer, but also boasts a very calming personallity. I remember her really helping me through a time when Jim and I had broken up. She is also "my Maria" and a forever friend.

On another note, I also got to see Cara and her family this week while she was in Searcy for Uplift. Cara and I were either suitemates or roommates from my sophomore year until graduation. She was always my "loud" friend from small-town Pocahontas. We shared some good times together!!

Thanks, girls, for some good chats and memories!

7 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

Glad you had a good time and that Grant is such an easy baby to travel with! Hope things are "settling down" at home for y'all. We miss all of y'all. Madison keeps asking to see Laura! She doesn't understand the "moving" thing!

Maria R. said...

hey sara,

I had a great time on our girl weekend. I had forgotten about my horrible haircut that I was sporting that fall, thanks for reminding me :). Can't wait for next year!!

Love you,
Maria

Sara said...

I think it's neat that you all make it a priority to get together each year. It's wonderful to have friends that you can just pick back up with at anytime and share fun memories. It must have been a nice break from all the transition too. I'm glad you had a fun time!

Ginger said...

Good for you for going on a "girl trip." Girlfriends are so important!

April said...

So very glad your weekend was wonderful! Friendship is a very precious gift. Friends are truly treasures. I am certainly thankful for mine! :) Love ya.

Cara said...

It was so great to see you, Jim and the kids. Hope to see you more often now that you're closer.

Kathryn said...

What a fun weekend! I have to concur that Andrea and Maria were great roommates. Glad you all can get together and reminisce - old friends are definitely the best friends!