Thursday, February 28, 2008

This and That

Laura enjoys playing games. We've tried to make Friday nights a game night of Candy Land and Hi Ho Cherrio. She really gets into the games, and, of course, her baby doll Stella also must have a turn. Jim is such a competitive player — even with these games — that sometimes you just want to smack him. But we have fun!

Laura likes my belly. In fact, Jim took a funny picture of her showing the baby in her belly while I was showing my bare belly. However, I'm not brave enough to share that picture with my fellow bloggers.

I did have a Dr. appt today, which lasted about 2 1/2 hours!!! I was a "work-in" this week because I forgot to schedule ahead, so I waited. I am 1 cm dilated, which scares me a bit since Jim is gone this weekend. But, the Dr. assured me that the baby has not dropped, so I could continue like this until the c-section date (March 17) if I make it. I have my doubts sometimes.

They are still hooking me up to the heart monitor for 20 minutes each visit, and all was well this time except for a fairly large contraction that made the heartbeat go all over the place.

Lastly, Jim and Laura like to take turns telling make-believe stories to each other. For the past week, she has had to have ear drops in one ear. So while she was lying down, letting the drops drain into her ear, story-telling became a nightly routine.

On Wednesday, I took her to the ENT because she still had a tube in her ear that was blocked with ear wax. A quick rendition of the gory details include her screaming "mommy," vomiting, and wetting her pants while being strapped down to a table as the doctor removed the tube.

It was tough on both of us. But, it is over and we are thankful.

Unfortunately, Jim is now sick. We are praying it is just another cold. I'm making him go to the doctor tomorrow since this is at least his fifth cold this winter.

14 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh, poor Laura! Never remind her of that day when she gets older...she'll be mortified! Cute picture of the two of you...nice prego profile! ;)

April said...

I'm loving Stella getting a turn at Candy Land! I'm not loving the fact that you had such a long wait for your appt today-yuck. I'm thinking the heart monitor thing is about getting funny as it seems to happen in Yang's office, which must extend the length of your visit even that much more! The story telling is precious; we both do that with Mackenzie, too. Every single night. I hate that Laura had such a traumatic experience during her own appt, but I am SO thankful it is over...for all of you! And, I am only a phone call away if you need me. 1 cm is kinda exciting unless you are a scheduled section, huh?!

Jeanne said...

Sara I can truly say as a child of MULTIPLE ear infections my strongest memories are not of the pain, but of my parents sitting by my bed side night after night comforting me. Don't worry, she won't remeber that day, only that you were there to hug her.

And your belly pic is awesome. You look are glowing and more beautiful than I ever seen you! (p.s. ban Jim now from game night. Its for your own good.;)

Cara said...

Sara, you look great! Not much longer now. It cracks me up that Jim is competitive playing Candyland! ha! What happens when he loses to babydoll Stella!?!

Holly Aytes said...

Sweet Laura! I too am sorry that appointment was so traumatic. That is how every appointment with Madison is. She HATES the dr. We can drive by the office (yes she knows what the building looks like from the outside, too funny) and she starts saying "no doctor mommy, no doctor". I agree with April 1 cm is exciting unless you are a scheduled c-section and your husband is going to be 8 hrs away for the weekend!

Hello blog buddies! It's me, Crouse! said...

do you remember me? we had some graduate class friendship at harding. you are such a pretty pregnant person! i felt like such a cow. anyhoo, i just started a blog and would like to have a blog friendship with you! if you want, you can see it at brookecrousehunt.blogspot.com

hope things are well with you (& poor sick Jim)! love, brooke crouse

Dallas said...

First of all, you look INCREDIBLE! I didn't post picture of my preggo self because it wasn't pretty :).

My doctor never even checked me. He said he "didn't want to stir things up" since I was scheduled for a c-section. I always wandered what my magic numbers were though.

I hope nothing exciting happens this weekend while Jim is gone!

Maria R. said...

Sara, you look beautiful. I love your belly. I had to have the heart monitor twice a week for the last 6 weeks. I LOVED it. I could aways tell his mood at the time and when he was cranky or happy. It was our first bonding experience:) Hope you are having fun tonight playing candy land!!!!! My favorite childhood game.

Ginger said...

Sara- that picture of you is really beautiful. You look great pregnant. I am not just saying that, either. I know you don't feel beautiful, but you are! You are not even swollen. I had to have the monitor every week at the end with Ryan too.

c said...

We have game night too. Scott is very competitve in Candyland also. Maybe when you guys get back Scott and Jim can play together! ha ha When we have the college kids over they love playing Anna's games and they get very competitive and there is even a crown for the winner of the games! Good memories for sure!

You look great - hope the baby waits for Daddy to get back home.

James E. Miller said...

You are a hot mama...

Shana said...

How cute are you?!Lexi's scheduled c- section date was March 17th also, but she came on March 8th.

I feel for you on the doctor's appointment. We just got back from the emergency room with Easton and it sure wasn't fun!

Tell Jim to behave himself on those games! Candy Land can get pretty competitive. :)

Hello blog buddies! It's me, Crouse! said...

thanks for looking me up! hope jim is feeling better and that dissertation work is going well! hope you are feeling well with your pregnancy - let's keep in touch! love, brooke

Anonymous said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,聊天室,情色,a片,AV女優