We made a trip to the Knoxville Zoo today. (Click photos to enlarge.) It was the third time we have visited the zoo since we moved here 13 months ago.
Below are the top five reasons we love going to the zoo:
1. The smell at the goat cages.
2. The inexpensive price of concessions.
3. The cool August weather in Tennessee.
4. Watching animals eliminate solid waste and explaining to Laura, "Everybody poops."
5. Shielding Laura's eyes from the male gorilla who was lying spread-eagle in his pen.
Seriously, it was fun watching Laura identify and enjoy for the first time the animals she really has only known through pictures and book illustrations.
It was a day well spent.