Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summer Wrap Up

Finally...a few moments to blog....

Summer is officially over in our house. School started back for Laura on Friday (that post is soon to come). Grant starts MDO on Tuesday and I have one week to finalize my syllabus for the two courses I am teaching this fall.

Here are a few highlights from July.
Laura and her good friend Ann-Clayton having a good old fashion lemonade stand outside of our house. They had two customers---me and a sweet lady passing by who gave them $5! They were pretty thrilled!
Laura took "cheer camp" for a few mornings one week. The last day they did a little program and it was very cute!
We spent the 4th of July in St. Louis with Jim's parents. We went to a carnival and watched the fireworks. Grant would only watch the fireworks with glasses on and in Grandpa's lap. It is funny because if we ask him about the fireworks, he says "loud, glasses, Grandpa hold me".Laura turned "6" on July 22! Wow! Hard to believe my 6 lb 4 oz baby is now in Kindergarten and growing up (and has lost 6 teeth--we foresee braces in our future). We decided to have a smaller birthday celebration this year and just invite one special friend. Her choice was of course Ann-Clayton. We went to Toy Story 3, Build a Bear and then A-C spent the night. It was a fun-filled day for everyone. Laura requested a "Belle" cake this year, so I searched the internet and came up with this cake. She loved it and I was proud of the end result!

A few highlights of Laura at age 6:

Favorite Color - Pink and purple
Favorite Food - dessert
Favorite Book - Laura Ingalls
Favorite Toy - American Girl doll
Favorite Restaurant - Wendy's
Favorite Place to Go - Swimming Pool
Favorite Dessert - everything chocolate
Favorite Movie - Laura Ingalls
Favorite Day of the Week - Sunday because I want to think of God
Favorite People - Ann-Clayton, Kaslynn (cousin), Briley, Mommy, Daddy, Grant

3 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

I love your cake! It turned out great...I will have to show Madison tonight b/c she too will love it! Sounds like Laura had a good birthday. Madison is just like Grant in fireworks are too loud for her liking. BTW, I see braces in Taylor's future too...not sure about the other 2 as Caleb has only lost 2 teeth and of course Madison none yet though she swears she has a loose tooth :)

April said...

Wowwie! What a cake!!! That's impressive...want to come make one for Mackenzie?! :) Sounds like a great birthday. Sorry we're not close enough in proximity to come celebrate with Laura! :) Love the highlights list, too.

Cindy said...

That Laura is a sweetie! Not to mention Grant...I didn't even recognize him, he's grown so much. Super, super job on the cake! I love it! Laua Ingalls...love her, too! I hadn't even thought about those books, but I bet my boys would enjoy them...at least I hope so! Thanks for the idea!