Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Trip to Dayton, OH

The last week of May, Laura and I took a road trip with my parents to Dayton, OH, to visit my 3rd cousin, Kathryn. She is 97 and still going strong!
On our way we stopped in Lexington, KY, to visit the Kentucky Horse Park. It is really a neat place to tour. They have tons of horses to view and learn about. Laura loved every minute of it and even enjoyed riding a pony.
We covered about 1300 miles in 5 days. It was nice to spend some one on one time with Laura. She was a perfect traveler and enjoyed her time being the only child!

3 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

How fun to get some good one on one time with Laura! I am sure she dd love it....Taylor loves to get one on one time! I want to take the kids to Lexington....Matt and I went once on a business trip and even got to attend the KY Derby while there. It was neat and I think the kids would love it! 1300 miles is a lot of miles!

Andrea said...

Awesome pics of the horses! And I love the great auntie. She's a doll.

April said...

I LOVE the picture of Laura with your parents sitting on the park bench. That is precious! I'm glad you guys had a great trip. I enjoyed the update!