Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Winter Fun for Some

Jim and Laura enjoyed building a snowman with the several inches of snow we received on Friday. Pretty much everything was canceled or shut down for a good two to three days. This is partially because our town does nothing to clear the roads or even prepare them. I can't complain because it was nice to have a reason to stop with responsibilities and be "snowed" in.
Making snow angels...
This is about as far as Grant ventured in the snow and later decided he would enjoy watching from the window. And I guess my son takes after me because I don't do snow. I don't like being cold and wet, so we bonded while Jim and Laura froze outside!

5 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

Looks like Jim and Laura had fun! A friend of our's little girl is about Grant's age and she wasn't too thrilled with the snow at first but soon learned to tolerate it...we think it might be b/c it is hard for them to walk in it. Glad y'all enjoyed being "snowed in"....we enjoyed the snow we got as well though we weren't snowed in.

April said...

I, too, loved being snowed in, Sara. It is nice to have your routine slowed down. How funny that Grant didn't like the snow; you captured his feelings/expression SO well in that last picture! I'm glad Jim and Laura enjoyed the snow, and I'm glad you and Grant enjoyed some time indoors! :)

Andrea said...

Wow, Kudos to Jim for building an Ice Man. Maybe you got more snow than we did, because our "snow" was far to icy to build anything out of. I betcha Grant just wanted some warm and cuddly Mommy time!

Ginger said...

Very cute snowman! Give it another year or two and Grant will be right out there with them!

Holly said...

I enjoyed catching up on your blog! I wish Texas would have gotten snowed in, so nice for you guys. How does Laura like her American Girl doll? I love your new blog, it has probably been like that for awhile, I am so behind on catching up with my friends.