Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Lately

The last month has been exceptionally crazy busy. I figured out that in the past 28 days my grandpa passed away; we took a trip to Disney World; spent time in Houston to bury my grandpa; took a weekend girl's trip to Memphis; hung out with my mom while she visited us in Searcy last week; and drove to Norman, OK, with Jim to see a U2 concert. In between all of that, classes have to be prepared and oh yeah I've got a family too who likes to have clean clothes and a warm dinner!!

Disney World was awesome!! Laura LOVED every single moment (except the Snow White and Pirate ride) and we just had a ball with her. One of the highlights was eating dinner with Cinderella in her castle. I thought I was gonna cry when Laura met her for the first time. Big moment! Meeting and getting autographs from the many characters was Laura's favorite part. Another highlight was trick or treating in the Magic Kingdom after the park had closed. It was a "special event" so there weren't as many people and there were more characters roaming around. We enjoyed all the parks from the rides, parades to firework shows. It was as they say "magical".

We spent the next few days after Disney in Houston with my family. While it was a sad time for us to lose Papa, we also are at peace with his passing. He'll be missed greatly.

Once I returned to Searcy, I had a couple of days to recover and get ready for my college girl weekend trip in Memphis. I love my friends, Andrea, Maria and Cara. It amazes me how time passes, but our friendship is still solid. Of course now instead of talking about our "guy prospects" as we did in college, we talk about our babies, our gray hairs, the medicines that we take and droopy body parts. We had a wonderful weekend of shopping, eating, pampering ourselves and talking.

My mom visited us last week. I did not take ONE single picture, but we did have fun having a shopping trip to LR and having a "girls" day with Laura. I think we wore my mom out pretty good!

This past weekend, Jim and I drove to the U2 concert in Norman, OK. We have a fabulous babysitter who watched Laura and Grant over night. They did great and we had a fun time enjoying Bono. Jim is a HUGE U2 fan and therefore I enjoy his music as well. The concert was amazing and it was good to get away even for a short period of time to talk and just have fun.

I am enjoying so much watching Grant start to talk. His verbal skills have really picked up the last couple of weeks and I just love hearing his little voice! We took him to the allergist a couple weeks ago where he had no reaction to 18 different allergens. It didn't really help explain his rashes, but he is on a daily antihistamine which has seemed to help in the constant runny nose department.

And the Disney pictures....









8 comments:

April said...

You sure have been busy. What an emotional month of highs and lows. I enjoyed seeing the pics from Disney. So glad you have had some fun times with friends and family mixed in with the sad ones. I know you will miss your papa.

Cindy said...

Looks like Disneyworld was a blast! I have my envelope fund...slowly filling up for an eventual trip there for us. Hopefully next year!

Holly Aytes said...

Boy, you have been busy! Glad the trip to Disney was good...ours was too! There is nothing like seeing a child experience Disney for the first time. Glad you had a good time with your girlfriends and Jim too :)

Andrea said...

Awwww! Love this post. You had so much to catch up on.

amy said...

Sadie loved looking at the pictures! I think she was a little jealous that Laura got to meet the 7 dwarfs... I am! Ha. Sadie hated the Snow White ride and the Pirates, too. I knew she would hate the Pirates but I told Brad he HAD to experience it, so she sat with her head buried in his lap the entire time.

Thanks for sharing!

amy said...

Sara, I like how you and Dopey are striking the same pose.

Brad

Holly said...

I am so glad you had a great Disney trip!! I had to bite my lip not to cry when Hannah met Cinderella:) Love your girls weekend conversations, right there with ya!

Ginger said...

Love seeing your Disney pictures. Between seeing your pics and Holly's, I am really wanting to take the boys. Maybe next year. Especially love the picture of Laura and Cinderella.