Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Wrap Up

Finally after two weeks of Christmas, I am able to sit down and recap the events.

We spent Christmas in St. Louis with Jim's family (aka Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt Jeanne and Truman the dog). Laura especially loved following Jeanne everywhere. If you know Laura, she usually attaches to someone. In St. Louis, Aunt Jeanne was her pick and it was pretty constant.

We spent one afternoon at the Arch. Laura loved it! I am quite impressed that I went up in the small elevator since I am not a fan of small enclosed spaces. But, I wanted to watch Laura experience the fun, so I had to make myself do it. We had a great time together!

Christmas morning was filled with squeals, bright eyes and smiles. Laura loved her dress up, vanity table and cute little fluffy stuffed white dog!
On our return to Searcy, Jim had a cold and Grant had another ear infection. Two boys who weren't feeling too well didn't make for a real happy household. I won't share who is the worse at being sick!!

Thankfully by Monday, everyone was feeling better for my parents arrival. We had another fun week with my parents. My mom helped me finish up decorating the house. Jim organized the garage. Dad fixed our printer. Laura and Grant enjoyed their new toys. It was a good time and it was over way too fast.

Now, it is 2009. One of our goals is to embrace Searcy this year. (Did I just say that?) We are going to place membership at church and try to be involved. I also am gonna hit the gym again after a LONG hiatus. Two goals is enough for me!

I'd love to hear your 2009 goals if you have made any.....

6 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

Yeah for you going up in the elevator...that wouldn't have been easy for me either. Glad y'all had a wonderful Christmas and that everyone is well now. As for goals...lose weight however I didn't renew my gym membership. We have an elliptical and we bought some weights/weight bench and a dvd by John Basdil called Fitness Made Simple. I am going to try working out at home. I also wanted to do a devotional a day not only on my own but then do one as a family in the evenings (we got some devotional books for Christmas). 2 resolutions is enough for me too :)

Andrea said...

Love all the pictures of the kids/family. My resolutions are to work out three times a week without hurting my back and to finish my book!

Holly said...

Glad you all had a great Christmas! The vanity looks like hours of fun. I thought of 2 resolutions today and now I can't remember either one of them! Guess I should have written them down!

April said...

Great pics, Sara! I love that you went up in the arch with everyone. That is special. It is a tiny space, isn't it?! As I recall, from years ago, that elevator is VERY SLOW, too. :)

Allison said...

They are getting so big! I can't believe it. Honestly I haven't even thought of New Years resolutions because I never seem to be able to stick to them...and then I get discouraged so we'll see about this year.

Sara said...

Looks like the family had a great time in St. Louis. Thanks for sharing all the precious pictures.

As far as resolutions go, my goal is to learn how to sew this year. I got a sewing machine for Christmas and I'm looking forward to learning how to use it for decorative stuff around the house. I just hope I have enough patience!