Monday, September 22, 2008

Before I became a mother.....

*I thought 8:00 a.m. was early. Now I consider that to be sleeping in.

*A flat firm stomach was easy to maintain. Now, flat and firm are not part of my vocabulary.

*A mini-van was a vehicle for my parents. Now I love my mini-van and even choose to drive it when the kids aren't with me!

*A good night sleep was 10 hours of uninterrupted solid REM sleep. Now I consider 7 hours with one interruption to be not so shabby.

*Quiet time was spent reading a book sipping a diet coke. Now quiet time is trying to read a book while telling Laura to go back to her room every 10 minutes until the "quiet time" timer goes off.

*I actively participated in worship. Now I'm lucky to hear the sermon.

*I could spend 15 minutes taking a shower. Now it is a good day to be showered by noon.

*I had cute clothes. Now I sport black athletic pants way too often.

*I had no idea how it would change my life. Now I see how it changed my life and wouldn't change a thing. (well...maybe a little more sleep would be good!)

10 comments:

Cara said...

So true, so true! Amen to them all! Cute post.

c said...

AMEN!!! Just wait til they are in school I have never been so busy! And the early part! ha 8:00 is no longer in the vocabulary! If anyone is not up by then - sickness has hit the house.

As hard as motherhood is we really would not change our lives. I can't image a different life now.

Anonymous said...

Yep, yep, and yep! :)

Holly Aytes said...

That is so true! I have been blessed with late sleepers but due to school we are rudely awaken way too early during the week :(

I swore I would never have a minivan...I wouldn't have it any other way now :)

Worship...what is that? Thank goodness our sermons are online! Now I listen to them at 10 pm.

Stomach..what it that? Ok it isn't that bad but sure isn't what it used to be :)

Wouldn't change mine either except for the sleep thing, and I would love some cute clothes again :)

Andrea said...

At least we get to buy cute clothes for our kids!

Cindy said...

Good one! ;)

Ginger said...

Yes, every point you made is SO true!! But, I wouldn't have it any other way.
It is so hard to be frustrated for very long when they are just so darn cute :)
I agree with Andrea- I really like buying cute kids clothes, as you know!!

April said...

This was indeed a fun post, Sara! I enjoyed the post and everyone's comments, too. Like others have said, I love buying kids clothes...but my own wardrobe is lacking in style. Honestly, it was lacking before kids, too! ;)

Holly said...

I can relate to nearly every one of these thoughts!

Anonymous said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,聊天室,情色,a片,AV女優