Friday, December 7, 2007

Feeling Blessed


Today, while Laura and I were at the mall enjoying a few hours together, I felt so blessed.

Laura can be so protective and sweet that many times I come to tears. Several times she commented on my belly and wanted to lift my shirt and kiss the baby. As we walked through the mall, she took my hand several times and hold it for awhile. (Usually, she is a big girl and doesn't need my hand for anything.)

I am so blessed to have Laura and Jim, to have money to buy Christmas presents, to feel this child growing inside me kick, and so much more.

Don't get me wrong, being a mother is extremely challenging and hard work. I am exhausted at the end of the day; I do lose my patience; I get frustrated with disobedience; I look at my body and sigh; and I get tired of meal planning, grocery shopping, washing clothes, etc..

BUT, all that said, I am just so thankful for how richly my life has been blessed. I pray that I can thank God in good and bad times for all that has been given to me.

9 comments:

Cara said...

Great post, Sara. We are truly blessed. Thanks for reminding me!

Ginger said...

Wow, that picture is beautiful. I would like to see the rest of them sometime. I love Laura! We are all SO blessed. Thanks for sharing!

Jeanne said...

i love the pictures! i still can't believe how long laura's hair is getting!

Holly said...

The picture is beautiful! I am anxious to hear if it is a boy or a girl. I think you are going to have a good Little Mommy Helper!

Jenn said...

I have to give a big "AMEN" to your post. Well written, girl! We are all very blessed!

Maria R. said...

Sara, thank you for posting that. Can you email me everyday and remind me of that - HA! I LOVE that picture. When/where did you have that done?

Love you!

Dallas said...

Thank you for the reminder! Your picture is absolutely beautiful.

We are all so very blessed!

c said...

What a sweet post! Yes, we are blessed and I have been reminded lately of how much we are blessed! And we are blessed to have you guys as friends who will pray for us during our time of need. Love ya!

amy said...

I LOVE this photo, and thanks for reminding me of ALL our blessings!!!!
Amy