Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Downtime Indulgence

I look forward to 8 p.m. because I am a nighttime T.V. junkie.

After a morning of work, an afternoon of entertaining Laura, which today included making Valentine Cookies, and cooking a scrumptious meal of grilled chicken with sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese, this girl is tired!

So, my downtime begins. Tonight it includes "American Idol" (which I am recording using our new DVR) and "House." It is terribly sad that I enjoy relaxing in front of the tube, but it is my way of decompressing. I enjoy reading, but that comes after my shows. In the winter I drink hot chocolate, and in the summer it is a dish of ice cream. Good times!

How do you spend your downtime?

5 comments:

Dallas said...

I read. I love to read a good book and rarely have time for it now. Matthew was out of town for 3 days and I actually managed to get a book read while he was gone (after Nora went to bed of course). I also love my Thursday night TV! I am sad when it is interupted.

Mom said...

I like evening TV also, but it would be more enjoyable if Mike and I liked the same programs. He likes educational and informative programs like woodworking, history, etc. (BORING!!) While I like old movies where the guy always gets the girl and teenagers are obedient and respectful - you know, fiction. I also enjoy reading, but only when I can be totally alone and uninterrupted. We're both looking forward to having our routine completely disrupted by our little houseguest in a few weeks.

c said...

I have been reading lately. Turning off the tube. Our dvr is in the top of the closet. I know I know - we have never hooked it up. Laugh at me later!
I also love a cup of hot chocolate with a peppermint stick in it. I get the soft ones and let it melt into the drink! Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Downtime??? What is downtime??? Just kidding. Lately, I have been reading also. I used to totally veg in front of the tube. I could just about do it all day long...which I realized was not good for my mood. :) So, after missing so many of my favorite shows that it would be hard to catch up...I have not been watching much. I am waiting on a friend of mine to finish the second book in a series and I started another book but I have been distracted lately. I also enjoy looking at magazines and blogs!

I pray that we will all have peaceful downtime...and a little more of it (not too much) would be lovely as well!

Ryan said...

I spend my downtime improving my eyesight.

(Ask Jim what I mean.)